Toddler Friendly Chocolate Truffles
Sometimes that chocolate craving hits and I need something sweet so I like to keep a batch of these beauties in the freezer!
Perfect for kids too as they are sweetened with medjool dates and call for cacao powder instead of cocoa powder.
I always use cacao powder for a chocolatey flavour as it isn’t roasted and therefore the enzymes in it remain active which means it is nutrient-rich and packed with antioxidants. The almond flour and nut butter add healthy fat and protein to these truffles making them a great snack option when paired with some fruit/veggies!
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 0 mins
Serves: 20 balls
Suitable From: 10 months +
Can be frozen for 3 months
What do you need?
6 medjool dates (if they are hard, soak them in some hot water for a few minutes to soften)
⅔ cup nut butter, I like almond in these
½ cup almond flour
4 tbsps cacao powder
- Add the dates to a blender and blend until smooth, you may need to scrape down the sides.
- Then add the almond flour, nut butter and cacao powder. Blend until well combined.
- Scoop out about a tablespoon of dough at a time and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball in desiccated coconut.
- These will store in the fridge for a week or freeze for 3 months.
Check out my eBook which has lots more easy and delicious recipes the whole family can enjoy.