Healthier Banana Doughnuts
Soft, fluffy and light, it’s seriously hard to stop at 1! We always seem to have some over ripe bananas so I thought I’d experiment with some healthier baked doughnuts!
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Serves: 12 doughnuts
Suitable From: 1 year +
Can be frozen for 3 months
What do you need?
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg or 1 flax egg
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup full fat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 cups spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat your oven and grease 2 doughnut pans
- In a bowl, mash the bananas and then add in the vanilla, coconut oil, maple syrup, egg/flax egg and Greek yoghurt. Stir until combined.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined.
- Divide the batter between the pans.
- Bake for 13-15 mins until golden brown.
- Cool before serving!