Teething can be really hard for little ones and it’s always great to have some easy and healthy snacks on hand to help soothe sore gums. I used to make these teething biscuits a lot when my son was younger. Shop bought teething biscuits seem to contain a lot of unnecessary ingredients and not much goodness. These are so easy to whip up and you can adapt the flavours to suit your little one’s preference.
What do you need?
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Blend the oats until they break down.
- In a bowl, mash the banana until smooth and then add in the ginger and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Pour in the coconut oil and stir.
- Add in the oats and stir until a dough forms.
- Flatten out the dough to about 1.5 cm thickness and either use a cookie cutter to cut into rounds or cut into strips.
- Bake for about 12 mins until they are firm.
- Cool and and serve.
- These will store in an airtight container for a few days.