Teething can be really hard for little ones and it’s always great to have some easy and healthy snacks on hand to help soothe sore gums. I used to make these teething biscuits a lot when my son was younger. Shop bought teething biscuits seem to contain a lot of unnecessary ingredients and not much goodness. These are so easy to whip up and you can adapt the flavours to suit your little one’s preference.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 12 mins
Serves: 12 biscuits
Suitable From: 6 months +
What do you need?
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Blend the oats until they break down.
- In a bowl, mash the banana until smooth and then add in the ginger and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Pour in the coconut oil and stir.
- Add in the oats and stir until a dough forms.
- Flatten out the dough to about 1.5 cm thickness and either use a cookie cutter to cut into rounds or cut into strips.
- Bake for about 12 mins until they are firm.
- Cool and and serve.
- These will store in an airtight container for a few days.