Potato & Cauliflower Curry (Aloo Gobi)
Potato & Cauliflower Curry
This mouthwatering curry uses simple ingredients to create maximum depth of flavour! It is fragrant and light and pairs well with flatbreads.
Cauliflower has an impressive nutritional profile and is high in fibre and antioxidants. I also like to leave the skin on the potatoes as it contains a lot of essential vitamins and minerals.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Serves: 2 adults & 2 toddlers
Suitable From: 6 months +
Can be frozen for 3 months
What do you need?
250 grams potatoes, washed & cut into 1 inch cubed pieces
1 small cauliflower head (about 150g) chopped into small florets
For the tempering:
2 tbsp ghee
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp minced ginger
1 tsp minced garlic
1 onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup chopped tomatoes or substitute passata
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp dried fenugreek
Salt to taste (omit for babies and toddlers)
Green chilli to taste
- To prepare the tempering, heat the ghee over a medium heat in a large pan. When hot add the cumin and lightly toast.
- Then add the chopped onion and cook for a few minutes until translucent.
- Next add the ginger and garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Then add in the tomatoes and cook for a few minutes until soft.
- Next, add the turmeric, garam masala, coriander powder, salt and chilli (if using). Mix well and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Then add the potatoes and 1/4 cup water and cook for about 8 minutes, stirring now and then.
- Add in the cauilfower and dried fenugreek and mix well. Then pop the lid back on and cook for about 5 minutes.
Make it vegan:
Substitute the ghee with coconut oil.
Love this recipe? Then check out Baby & Toddler Friendly Authentic Indian Food.