Constipated Baby Puree
Constipated Toddler Puree
Weaning your little one is fun, exciting and a huge milestone but sometimes can lead to constipation as their digestive systems adjust to the change. Constipation can be painful, uncomfortable and cause a great deal of discomfort for babies.
This easy and delicious purée is a great option to help get things moving and ease those little tummies. It isn’t just for babies though, it’ll work great for toddlers too! A little gentle spice gives this simple purée a warming flavour and is also a great way to introduce new flavours!
Ways to serve:
- You can add it to oatmeal
- Swirl into yoghurt for a delicious snack
- Serve as it is!
What’s in it?
Pears - pears are high in fibre and act as a natural laxative to help get things moving.
Prunes - prunes are a wonderful natural laxative as they contain high amounts of sorbitol (which helps to draw back lost water content and softens stools) and fibre.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Serves: 4 servings
Suitable From: 6 months +
Can be frozen for 3 months
What do you need?
2 pears cores & chopped
1/2 cup of hot water
1/8 tsp freshly minced ginger
1/4 - 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Gently steam the pears until tender.
- While the pears are steaming, soak the prunes in the hot water for about 5 minutes.
- Add the soaked prunes, pear and spices to a blender and whizz until smooth. You can add a dash of water if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
This is not intended to replace medical advice. If your baby or toddler has regular or chronic constipation seek professional medical advice from your paediatrician.