These muffins are absolutely delicious, you can serve them up for breakfast or snack-time and they also freeze well.
The batter comes together really quickly in under 10 mins and they are so flavoursome and spongy.
They are also allergy friendly as they are nut free and can be made egg free & dairy free.
Today I'm bringing you this recipe in partnership with Beaba. They have a fantastic range of feeding and weaning accessories. I have used their silicone multi portion to bake these delectable muffins!
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 - 18 mins
Serves: 6 muffins
Suitable From: 12 months +
What do you need?
1 cup/120g spelt flour or you can sub wholewheat/plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg or a chia egg ( to make a chia egg combine 1 tbsp chia seeds with 3 tbsp of water and let the mixture sit for about 10 minutes until a gel like consistency forms)
1/3 cup/80ml whole milk (or substitute any plant-based milk for dairy free alternative)
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1/4 cup/60ml maple syrup (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon zest
3/4 cup/150g strawberries, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 180°C /360°F.
- In a bowl combine the flour and baking powder, stirring well.
- In another bowl, combine the egg/chia egg, milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and lemon zest. Stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add in the chopped strawberries and gently fold in. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon the batter into your multiportion, about 3/4 of the way full in each hole.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before serving.
AD: PAID PARTNERSHIP WITH BEABA
If you’re looking for some easy, healthy and delicious snack ideas like this then check out my ebook, easy healthy snacks!