Simple ingredients come together to create complex flavours and it’s ready in 10 minutes! You can’t go wrong with this easy dinner. This is a great meal for a little one feeling under the weather as the broccoli adds vitamin C and garlic is naturally immune boosting and the avocado adds a good dose of healthy fat.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Serves: 1 adult & 1 toddler
Suitable From: 6 months +
What do you need?
1 cup pasta of choice (I used quinoa pasta)
5/6 broccoli florets
2 tbsps butter or evo oil
1 tsp minced garlic
3 tbsps Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp hemp hearts
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. 2 minutes before the pasta is cooked, add in the broccoli.
- Heat the butter or oil in a pan and sauté the garlic for a couple of minutes.
- Chop the avocado into small cubes and set aside.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli and then in a bowl pour over the butter mixture and add the Parmesan cheese. Stir gently.
- Top with the avocado and hemp hearts.
Make it vegan:
Use nutritional yeast instead of Parmesan cheese and oil in place of the butter.
Have you checked out my ebook, Toddler Friendly Family Meals for lost more easy, healthy and nourishing recipes like this?