Copy of Banana & Berry Blender Muffins
Banana & Berry
Z and I have been doing some live cookalongs on Instagram and these delicious muffins were so much fun to bake! You can watch us making them over on my IGTV.
I’ve been so overwhelmed by all the support for the cookalongs and finding it a wonderful way to connect.
These easy blender muffins are perfect for baking with kids, require simple ingredients and taste SO delicious! You can omit the honey to make them suitable for babies and they are loaded with nutritious ingredients. They can also be made vegan/egg free for those with allergies/dietary requirements.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 20-25 mins
Serves: 6 muffins/12 mini muffins
Suitable From: 6 months + (omit honey/ maple syrup for under 1’s)
Can be frozen for 3 months
NOTE: No honey for under 1’s.
What do you need?
1 1/4 cups oats
2 ripe bananas
1 tsp baking powder
1 heaped tsp cinnamon (or vanilla)
OPTIONAL: 3 tbsps honey or maple syrup
1 egg (or chia egg)
1/4 cup butter or coconut oil (at room temp)
A handful of berries (fresh or frozen)
Allergy Swap/Make It Vegan:
Use a chia egg in place of the egg and coconut oil instead of butter.
- Preheat your oven to 180c degrees and line/grease a muffin tin
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the berries, to a high powered blender/food processor.
- Whizz until smooth and well combined.
- Stir in the berries.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins and bake for 20/25 minutes until slightly golden on the top.
- Allow the muffins to cool for about 15 minutes before removing them.
- These can be stored in an airtight container for 3 days or you can freeze them for 3 months
Have you checked out my eBook, Easy Healthy Snacks which has lots of easy and delicious recipes like this that the whole family can enjoy.