Here’s a little spin on the traditional Easter nests. This little snack is unbelievably delicious! I love making these with quinoa pops but thought we would try something different this year!
You need to make these ASAP! A fun one to do with the kids over the Easter weekend!
Simple ingredients, a few minutes to make and so rich and decadent! I’ve included some substitutes in case you can’t get hold of all of the ingredients.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Serves: 10 - 12 nestS
NOTE: no honey for under 1’s
Can be frozen for 3 months
What do you need?
5 tbsps coconut oil
2 tbsps nut butter of choice
6 tbsps maple syrup, honey or agave syrup
2 tbsps Cacao powder or cocoa powder
1 1/4 cups desiccated coconut or substitute
No honey for under 1’s.
Use sunflower butter instead of nut butter.
- Over a medium heat, gently melt the coconut oil, nut butter and maple syrup until combined.
- Add in the cacao powder and mix until creamy.
- Add the coconut to a bowl and then pour in the chocolate mixture. Mix until combined.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out the mixture and form nests.
- Repeat until you have used all of the mixture.
- Pop into the freezer for 10 minutes until firm.
- These are best stored in an airtight container in the freezer or fridge.
Have you checked out my eBook, Easy Healthy Snacks which has lots of easy and delicious recipes like this that the whole family can enjoy.