Irish Stew 2 Ways
Irish Stew 2 Ways
Warming, hearty and bursting with flavour, this Irish stew is loaded with aromatic spices, wholesome veggies and it’s ready in under 20 minutes thanks to the Beaba Babycook Neo!
I’ve made this with aubergine to keep it vegetarian.
This can be served alongside some bread for dipping and I like to add a dollop of Greek yoghurt when serving to cool it down quickly for babies!
I’ve teamed up with Beaba to bring you this recipe and used my Babycook Neo to have this warming stew ready in under 20 minutes. The Babycook Neo steam cooks, blends, defrosts and reheats food in just 15 minutes! It is an eco-designed product which is designed to preserve all the nutritional quality of baby’s food.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Serves: 4 servings
Suitable From: 6 months +
What do you need?
1 aubergine, finely chopped or for a traditional stew use 300g diced lamb
1 large potato, peeled and cut into quarters
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
2 carrots, finely chopped
2 bay leaves
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tbsp butter
2 tablespoons spelt flour or use plain flour
1 cup no salt/low sodium vegetable stock
1. Add the diced aubergine (or lamb), potatoes, carrots, onion, thyme, garlic and bay leaves to the steam basket. Fill the steamer reservoir with water to level 3 and steam for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, add the butter and spelt flour to a large saucepan over a low- medium heat and stir until combined.
3. Slowly add the stock little by little until well combined. Turn the heat off.
4. Once the veggies are steamed, carefully open the lid and remove the steamer basket.
5. Carefully remove the bay leaves.
6. Tip the steamed veggies (and lamb if using) into the prepared vegetable stock. Be sure to add the water at the bottom of the steam basket as this adds even more flavour!
7. Mix to combine.
8. Serve as it is or if you would like to serve this as a purée or with a little less texture you can tip it back into the blending bowl and blend until your desired level of texture is achieved.
9. Serve and enjoy!
10. This can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
AD: PAID PARTNERSHIP WITH BEABA
If you’re looking for some easy, healthy and delicious snack ideas like this then check out my ebook, easy healthy snacks!