Plum & Cardamom Puff Pastry Tarts
Plum & Cardamom
Puff Pastry Tarts
Earlier this week we went to a PYO Farm and care back with the most delicious, sweet plums. Today I decided to use up some puff pastry to make these crispy, crunchy and sweet little tarts!
I love the combination of plum and cardamom - they have such a sweet flavour which pairs beautifully with earthy and fresh cardamom.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Serves: 8 - 12 pastries
Suitable From: 1 year +
Can be frozen for 3 months
What do you need?
1 sheets of shop bought puff pastry ⠀⠀⠀
3 tbsps milk (or 1 whisked egg)
4-5 plums, finely sliced
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
2 tbsp maple syrup or honey (note no honey for under 1’s)
1. Preheat your oven to 200c and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Roll out the pastry and cut it into 8 or 12 squares (depending on how big you want your pastries to be!) and place onto the baking tray.
3. In a bowl, combine the plum slices, cardamom powder and maple syrup/honey.
4. Brush each square with milk (or a whisked egg) and then layer over the plum slices, leaving a 1/2 inch border. Repeat for the remaining squares.
5. Drizzle any remaining maple/honey mixture over each square
6. Bake for about 20 minutes until golden and puffed up.
7. Allow the pastry too cool before serving to little one's as the filling will be very hot.
Have you checked out my eBook, Easy Healthy Snacks which has lots of easy and delicious recipes like this that the whole family can enjoy.